Anyone done Italy by motorbike?

728*90

armchair123

Feb 17, 2023
I am planning at least a month swanning around Italy, anybody got any tips. I have visited the cities now want to do more scenic places Cinque Terre etc
thanks

Sep 22, 2022
For experienced motorbike riders, traveling in Italy by motorbike can be a thrilling and rewarding experience. As you probably know, Italy is famous for its stunning countryside, scenic coastal roads, and beautiful historic cities, which can all be explored on a motorbike.

Make sure you have a valid driver's license. If you are a non-EU citizen, you may also need an International Driving Permit.

The roads however can be pretty narrow and winding, especially in rural areas. Make sure you are comfortable riding on these types of roads and always wear a helmet and protective clothing.

Some of the scenic routes include Amalfi Coast, Tuscany, Dolomites, Lake Garda, the islands of Sardinia and Sicily and as you mention Cinque Terre, that is a popular destination for motorcyclists., with its picturesque stretch of coastline in Liguria, and five colorful villages perched on the rocky cliffs overlooking the sea.

Parking can be challenging, however, especially in historic centers. The weather can be unpredictable, so pack appropriate clothing for all conditions.

armchair123

Feb 17, 2023
I dont need copied info from some website I need first hand knowledge from someone who has been there and done it. Stop cluttering up this website with rubbish replies- get out there, experience the world then pass on what you have learnt. PLEASE.