Booking non VIP train tickets

728*90

MDV

Mar 15, 2023
Hi, does anyone know if this is possible to do outside of Vietnam? On 12goAsia and baolau it only gives me the VIP options, I just want tickets for a normal soft birth sleeper…..

Xin Loi

Feb 9, 2023
Returned from Viet Nam two weeks ago. Most times we tried to book a train the seats were sold out. We were advised to get tickets at least three days prior to trip. Only train we got was between hue and Da Nang--lot of broken seats; talked to people who use sleepers and they said to never get a top bunk!

Sep 22, 2022
Thanks for sharing. Even though I love traveling by train, buses were just so easy to get around Vietnam.

So, what was the highlight of your trip?

Xin Loi

Feb 9, 2023
Highlight? Across the street from the entrance to the Cao Dia temple in Tay Ninh is a BIG sign with two pictures of Donald Trump--I show the picture to people and tell them it is an advertisement for a local Gay Bar. I fought in Viet Nam, Cambodia , and Laos, 68,69,70,71,72--wrote a book about it--Xin Loi, Viet Nam. The dog tags I wore those years were placed on the Cross of Iron on the Camino de Santiago a few years ago.

Reactions: Blueblaze

Skibadly

Jun 7, 2023
Hi, does anyone know if this is possible to do outside of Vietnam? On 12goAsia and baolau it only gives me the VIP options, I just want tickets for a normal soft birth sleeper…..
Can't say, but I didn't have a problem booking sleeper tickets at a couple of days notice in 2015. Would also agree with armchairtraveller. Did overnight bus sleeper which was very comfortable too. Even for more mature travellers, we were mid 40s and mid 50s

Larsay

Dec 7, 2023
VIP trains are recommended because the standard ones can be quite awful. One excellent operator is Livitrans