Swimming Tours Budget Options (Greece/Europe)

728*90

Jake Norman

Mar 9, 2023
Hi folks, no idea how these forums work these days, it's been a minute, but I'm wondering if anyone has any advice or suggestions on the above topic, it's not trekking obviously but I feel like it fits here more than anywhere else, being an active travel type of deal

So I got it into my head to do a swimming tour in Greece, I heard about them from a friend, but searching for it all I can find is one company SwimTrek that runs them

I'm looking at this yogaswim thing they do in Crete - https://www.swimtrek.com/packages/swimming-holiday-yogaswim-crete but it's kind of pricey in my opinion for what they provide, maybe it's just me, I haven't been into travelling for quite a while and just getting back into it now, do you think this is a reasonable price for that kind of package? Either way, if anyone has any suggestions for alternatives or other providers or European destinations to look into that would be great, I'll take the Crete deal at that price if there are no other options out there but I thought it would be a good idea to look into it a bit first

Cheers

Jake

Sep 22, 2022
It seems like travel prices have generally risen post-pandemic. Whether or not the tour is expensive would depend on the standard of accommodation and the other things included.

I have never heard of swimming tours before, so I think you would need to have a pretty good level of fitness. Long-distance swimming could be dangerous if you aren't familiar with the local conditions, so having a guide to take you and support from a boat would make it reasonably safe.

My preference though would be diving, hiking, cycling or kayaking since I don't think you would get to see much of the country you are visiting swimming long distances. It is an interesting concept though and if you are into long-distance swimming it might be worth looking into.

Upvote 0

Mrunal Mehta

Mar 17, 2023
Several budget-friendly swimming tours are available in Greece and other parts of Europe. Here are some options to consider:
  1. Greek Island Hopping Tour: This popular budget-friendly option allows you to explore several Greek islands in one trip. You can take a ferry between the islands and swim in crystal-clear waters.
  2. Croatia Sailing Tour: Croatia is known for its stunning coastline, and a sailing tour is a great way to explore it on a budget. You can swim in secluded coves, visit historic towns, and enjoy the local cuisine.
  3. Montenegro Beach Tour: Montenegro is a small country with some of the most beautiful beaches in Europe. A beach tour is a great way to explore the coastline and swim in the crystal-clear waters of the Adriatic Sea.
  4. Spain Beach Tour: Spain is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in Europe, and a beach tour is a great way to explore them on a budget. You can visit the Costa del Sol, the Costa Brava, or the Canary Islands and enjoy the sun, sand, and sea.
  5. Portugal Beach Tour: Portugal is another excellent destination for a budget-friendly beach tour. You can visit the Algarve region, explore historic towns, and swim in the beautiful waters of the Atlantic Ocean.
When looking for budget-friendly swimming tours, it's essential to do your research and compare prices. Consider booking during the shoulder season (May-June or September-October) to save even more money.

Upvote 0

abdullahhhh01013

Aug 8, 2023
Hi folks, no idea how these forums work these days, it's been a minute, but I'm wondering if anyone has any advice or suggestions on the above topic, it's not trekking obviously but I feel like it fits here more than anywhere else, being an active travel type of deal

So I got it into my head to do a swimming tour in Greece, I heard about them from a friend, but searching for it all I can find is one company SwimTrek that runs them

I'm looking at this yogaswim thing they do in Crete - https://www.swimtrek.com/packages/swimming-holiday-yogaswim-crete but it's kind of pricey in my opinion for what they provide, maybe it's just me, I haven't been into travelling for quite a while and just getting back into it now, do you think this is a reasonable price for that kind of package? Either way, if anyone has any suggestions for alternatives or other providers or European destinations to look into that would be great, I'll take the Crete deal at that price if there are no other options out there but I thought it would be a good idea to look into it a bit first

Cheers

Jake
Hi Jake, welcome back to the world of travel planning! The SwimTrek yogaswim package in Crete does seem like a unique and exciting experience, combining swimming and yoga in a beautiful setting. However, it's always a good idea to explore different options and see if there are more affordable alternatives or similar offerings from other providers.

Before making a decision, you might want to:

Research Other Providers: Look into other companies that offer swimming and active travel tours in Greece or other European destinations. This could help you compare prices and offerings to find the best fit for your budget and preferences.

Read Reviews: Check for reviews from other travelers who have participated in similar swimming tours. Their experiences and feedback can provide valuable insights into the quality and value of the package.

Contact SwimTrek: Reach out to SwimTrek directly to inquire about any potential discounts, promotions, or options that might better suit your budget. Sometimes, companies may have flexible pricing or special deals.

Consider DIY: If you're open to some adventure and planning, you could also consider creating your own swimming tour by researching swimming-friendly destinations, accommodations, and local yoga studios.

Travel Seasons: Keep in mind that prices for travel experiences can vary depending on the time of year. Traveling during off-peak seasons might offer more affordable options.

Ultimately, the decision will come down to your personal preferences, budget, and what you're looking to get out of the experience. Exploring various options and doing thorough research will help ensure that you make an informed choice. Happy planning and enjoy your swimming tour adventure!

Upvote 0

abdullahhhh01013

Aug 8, 2023

Cheers

Jake
Hey Jake! 🙌

Swimming in Greece sounds absolutely amazing, especially combined with yoga. I've heard of SwimTrek, but never tried any of their packages. Given the current travel landscape, prices might be slightly elevated, but it's always good to get a second opinion.

The link you shared does seem to offer a unique experience, but I can see how the price might be a bit steep for some. If you're considering it, maybe look at reviews and see if past participants felt it was worth the cost.

Alternatively, you might want to consider planning a DIY trip? Find a nice spot in Greece or another European country where you can swim and maybe pair that up with local yoga classes or retreats. It might not be as structured as SwimTrek, but it could save you some bucks and give you a bit more flexibility.

Either way, sounds like an awesome adventure! Let us know what you decide. Safe travels! 🏊‍♂️🧘‍♂️

Cheers,
Asif

Upvote 0