Ladakh travel

728*90

arcadion

Aug 11, 2023
Kashmir? Sringar and its lake. Sleep in boat in lake.
But you will be lucky if you can get there, I think. I dont know actual situation. Better to do treck in Ladakh.

Upvote 0

edwardseco

Oct 16, 2023
Do be aware of the altitude. If you are a flat-lander take a few days to get adjusted. Lying down is not helpful. Also, check out Diamox with a local doctor. If things get bad fly out. The monasteries are something great to see and if you can speak Hindi it is interesting to converse with the monks who often are quite iconoclastic. You can get a car and driver from a local travel agent. If you are going in by car there are some great sites on the way. The barrenness of Ladakh is part of the attraction and in fact, is the major attraction. In places, you can look for miles at not even a blade of grass. In contrast, there is a growing business in Ladakhi food products. Be adventurous. Watch out for too much exertion and altitude too fast. Sometimes this is pushed too much too soon by the travel agencies. People die that way, Indians and Vidaeshis. If suffering develops go home early. Glad I went and glad I left:)..

Upvote 0