Trip to Italy

728*90

maree23

Jan 18, 2023
Hi everyone, my daughter and I are planning a trip to Italy in May. We want to visit Florence, Venice, Amalfi and Rome. Were from Melbourne and wondering if we be brave and drive in Italy. Also anyone have advice on where to stay in Rome....best areas?

Newdawn2001

Jan 5, 2023
I am a huge fan of trains. They are affordable, easy, and get you right into the heart of a city/town. Plus you will have far less stress. So I strongly urge you to travel Italy by train. We are huge fans of hospitality clubs like Couchsurfing. We stayed with a local family on the outskirts of Rome and it was a truly authentic and genuine experience that you could not get with paid accommodation plus it was no cost accommodation. If you want to be with the locals and get a real sense of Italy consider this as it will be far more of an adventure, more affordable and so much more fun than just being a tourist. If you want to know more google us via our blog: sabretoothedchickenstour.

Regardless of what you decide, we hope you have an amazing holiday in Italy :)

Upvote 0

oiseaux

Nov 11, 2022
Hi everyone, my daughter and I are planning a trip to Italy in May. We want to visit Florence, Venice, Amalfi and Rome. Were from Melbourne and wondering if we be brave and drive in Italy. Also anyone have advice on where to stay in Rome....best areas?
Driving os okay BUT, Why drive! trains both Trenitalia and Italo are best.
Rome, maybe Trastevere.

Upvote 0