Car rental? in Umbria

728*90

jselene

Dec 13, 2022
I'll be in Umbria in June with two children, 7 and 10. Normally I'd stick with trains and buses to get around, but I wonder if this is the best plan with two children. I'm wondering if it would be possible to rent a car last-minute in Perugia, Orvieto, or Terni if I change my mind and need the flexibility of my own transport.

Sep 22, 2022
Renting a car in Umbria with two children can be a good option if you want more flexibility and freedom to explore the region at your own pace. Perugia, Orvieto, and Terni are all cities with car rental agencies, so it should be possible to rent a car last minute if you change your mind. Just keep in mind that during the peak tourist season in June, car rental availability can be limited, so it's a good idea to make a reservation in advance if you can.

If you choose to rent a car, be aware of Italian traffic laws and road conditions, especially if you're not familiar with driving in Italy. Also, make sure to bring or rent appropriate car seats for your children, as it is required by law in Italy for children under 12 years of age or less than 150 cm tall to be seated in a booster or car seat.

On the other hand, if you prefer not to drive in a foreign country or if you want to save money on transportation costs, travelling by train or bus can be a good alternative. The train and bus networks in Umbria are reliable and convenient, and you can easily get to major cities and tourist destinations. Additionally, travelling by public transportation can be a fun and unique experience for your children, especially if they enjoy trains and buses.