Four Days in Amsterdam

728*90

LesG

Apr 3, 2023
A friend and I will have a four days in Amsterdam, and we are looking for recommendations for sights, activities, canal tours, and advice on how to save money. I am searching websites, but I have always had a good experience on the former Thorn Tree Forum with off-the-beaten track and hidden gems recommendations.

Specifically, is it worth getting the City Card on the I Amsterdam site compared to the Netherlands Museum Pass (and paying for a bike rental and canal tour, for example, separately)? Are there any other cost-cutting suggestions? I believe the City Card also includes various modes of transportation. I'd also like to check out some cannabis cafes...is that possible?

Additionally, being Canadian, I am interested in any day trip to towns where Canadians distinguished themselves in WW2. Are there any locations worth checking out?

Thank you in advance!

rayosx

Feb 6, 2023
Sounds like a great trip. I was in Amsterdam in 1978. A long while ago, but really enjoyed it. I know it is very different. Someday I hope to return to visit the Van Gogh Museum again as I have much more appreciation for his life and work since reading "Lust for Life" several years ago. Canal tours, biking, eating all sound great. Wish I had more advice. Maybe you can just get a copy of the Lonely Planet book as they have always been good and I am happy that someone has tried to pick up where the LP Thorn Tree deserted us by going to Facebook, which I want no part of!! Happy Trails and report back with a trip report!

Upvote 0

Jules278

Jul 19, 2023
A friend and I will have a four days in Amsterdam, and we are looking for recommendations for sights, activities, canal tours, and advice on how to save money. I am searching websites, but I have always had a good experience on the former Thorn Tree Forum with off-the-beaten track and hidden gems recommendations.

Specifically, is it worth getting the City Card on the I Amsterdam site compared to the Netherlands Museum Pass (and paying for a bike rental and canal tour, for example, separately)? Are there any other cost-cutting suggestions? I believe the City Card also includes various modes of transportation. I'd also like to check out some cannabis cafes...is that possible?

Additionally, being Canadian, I am interested in any day trip to towns where Canadians distinguished themselves in WW2. Are there any locations worth checking out?

Thank you in advance!
Hi LesG, im planning to go on september for abour 4 days. do you thinks is it enough? Any tips on site? Also thinking about staying near to the city centre. The City card also works on Amsterdam or is it a Europe thing?
Thanks in advance
Julio

Upvote 0