I'm visiting Istanbul

728*90

HistoryBuffBeth

Mar 13, 2024
Hey! I'm thinking about visiting Istanbul for my next vacation. I'd love to get some insights on the best spots for exploring the city, especially Sultanahmet. Any advice on where to stay and what to do?

K Sowjanya

Jan 9, 2024
Hey! I'm thinking about visiting Istanbul for my next vacation. I'd love to get some insights on the best spots for exploring the city, especially Sultanahmet. Any advice on where to stay and what to do?
Here are the must-visit places in Sultanahmet:
  1. Hagia Sophia: A breathtaking historical marvel with a rich history spanning from a church to a mosque to a museum.
  2. Blue Mosque (Sultan Ahmed Mosque): Famous for its intricate blue tiles and stunning architecture, it's an iconic symbol of Istanbul.
  3. Topkapi Palace: Explore the former residence of Ottoman sultans, filled with beautiful courtyards, gardens, and priceless treasures.
  4. Basilica Cistern: An ancient underground water reservoir with impressive columns and a mystical atmosphere.
  5. Hippodrome of Constantinople: Discover the ancient chariot racing arena and its surviving monuments like the Obelisk of Theodosius.
  6. Istanbul Archaeology Museums: Housing a vast collection of artifacts from different periods of Istanbul's history, including the Museum of the Ancient Orient and the Istanbul Archaeological Museum.
These spots offer a rich tapestry of history and culture, making your visit to Sultanahmet unforgettable!