Re-entering India with a multi-entry, one-year e-visa. Which border-crossing?

728*90

krisfrompoland

Sep 22, 2023
Hi everyone,
I've got a question about an e-visa (one-year, multi-entry) to India.
To be precisly about re-entering India for the second time with the same visa.
There is a list of 30 airports and 5 seaport trough which one has to enter into India with that kind of visa.
Do I have to use only those border-crossings EACH time I enter India or only the first time? I mean I enter India for the first time, travel there for a couple of months, leave to Bangladesh and after a few weeks I come back to India. Can I use a land border-crossing (not mentioned on the list) when I return to India?
Cheers for help.
Kris

prachurjya Deka

Jul 8, 2023
Guwahati
Hello Krish
Greetings from Northeast India!!!

E-visas for India, including one-year, multi-entry visas, generally require travelers to enter India through specific designated entry points, which are specified when you apply for the e-visa. Typically, this designated entry point is applicable only for your first entry into the country.

For subsequent entries within the one-year validity period, you may have more flexibility and might not be obligated to use the same designated entry point each time. However, it's important to verify the precise terms and conditions associated with your e-visa, as these can vary depending on the type of e-visa and any updates or changes made by Indian immigration authorities.

However, for any travel information kindly reach me, i will be happy to help you out as i am in the trade for long term.

For a tourist the best way to enter or exit Bangladesh is from
Agartala to Dhaka via Akhora Border
West Bengal to Dhaka via Benapole

Thanks
Prachu
Prachurjyadeka20@gmail.com