Shore excursion in Phu My Port Vietnam

728*90

antoursvietnam

Jan 22, 2024
Hello fellow travelers!

I recently embarked on an exhilarating shore excursion to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, and I'm thrilled to share my experiences with you all. This vibrant city, brimming with history, culture, and incredible sights, left an indelible mark on my heart.

Arriving from Phu My Port

Our journey began at Phu My Port, a gateway for many cruise ships visiting Vietnam. Contrary to some misconceptions, Phu My Port isn't located in Ho Chi Minh City itself but in Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province, about 2 hours southeast of the city. The journey, though a bit long, was absolutely worth it for the treasures that awaited. For a detailed guide on tours from Phu My Port, check out this comprehensive article: Tours from Phu My Port - Travel Guide.

The Heart of Ho Chi Minh City

Ho Chi Minh City, formerly known as Saigon, is a fascinating blend of the old and the new. The city's energy is palpable, with bustling streets, historic landmarks, and an array of tantalizing food options. One of the highlights of my trip was visiting the iconic Notre Dame Cathedral of Saigon. Despite the ongoing renovations (set to complete in 2027), the cathedral's grandeur was awe-inspiring. For those planning to visit, here's a detailed guide that I found extremely helpful: Notre Dame Cathedral of Saigon Guide.

Experiencing Local Culture

The excursion offered more than just sightseeing. It was a deep dive into the local culture and lifestyle. From the historic Cu Chi Tunnels to the vibrant Ben Thanh Market, every moment was a new discovery. The city's fusion of traditional Vietnamese elements with French colonial influences creates a unique tapestry that is both intriguing and inviting.

A Shore Excursion to Remember

This trip to Ho Chi Minh City was more than just a shore excursion; it was a journey through history, culture, and culinary delight. I highly recommend it to anyone stopping by Phu My Port. The city has something for everyone, whether you're a history buff, a foodie, or just looking to soak in the local culture.

I'd love to hear from others who have visited Ho Chi Minh City or are planning to. What are your thoughts and expectations? Let's share and make our travel experiences richer!

K Sowjanya

Jan 9, 2024
Thrilling shore excursion to Ho Chi Minh City from Phu My Port – a blend of history, culture, and vibrant energy. Highlights include Notre Dame Cathedral and Cu Chi Tunnels. Recommended for all types of travelers