Some tasty vegan food in Vietnam that I have tried when traveling

728*90

Grill Andrew

Sep 20, 2023
I have been a vegetarian for many years and always enjoy learning about new vegetarian dishes through travel. I visited Vietnam in early September this year and visited Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, and Da Nang. I will introduce to you some vegetarian dishes that I find strange and delicious for longtime vegetarians like me when traveling:
1. Veganterian Pho
pho-chay (1).jpg
Pho is a famous dish in Vietnam and I was quite surprised that this dish has a vegetarian version. I found Pho Chay Nhu restaurant, I will put the Google Map link here: https://goo.gl/maps/u1g84gj5PxVoZ5rS9 so you can easily find it. The restaurant is highly rated on Google, so I stopped by. This vegetarian Pho dish is very frugal because the broth is made entirely from vegetables. The toppings of this dish include tofu, mushrooms, carrots, and radishes. I rate this dish quite high and light on the stomach, very worth trying.

2. Veganterian Broken Rice (Com Tam Chay)
doi-gio-cho-ca-nha-voi-mon-com-tam-suon-bi-cha-chay-hap-dan-202006302339242852.jpg
My friend always told me about the Vietnamese dish called Com Tam, but I'm a vegetarian so I wanted to learn about this dish in its vegetarian version. Luckily, I was able to eat this dish through the guidance of a Vietnam travel guide for vegans and found a restaurant selling this wonderful vegan broken rice. A portion of quality vegetarian broken rice includes vegetarian skin, steamed vegetarian patties, grilled vegetarian short ribs, and a rich flavor to have a more perfect portion of rice, indispensable vegetarian fish sauce cooked according to the restaurant's recipe. This dish impressed me quite a bit because I always wondered how they could make vegetarian ribs that look like real meat haha.

3. Vegetarian Hue beef noodle soup
cach-nau-bun-bo-hue-chay-thom-ngon-thanh-dam-dam-1.jpg
In my opinion, the vegetarian Hue beef noodle dish is quite strange and has a lot of lemongrass flavor but the flavor is also rich and a bit spicy. I enjoyed this dish at the Local Night walking food tour and they showed me a new dish that I had never heard of before. I think this dish is quite complicated to cook, but the vegetarian beef in the vermicelli bowl tastes chewy like real beef and the broth is also made from vegetarian spices. If anyone can't eat spicy food, they should consider this dish.

Attachments

• cach-nau-bun-bo-hue-chay-thom-ngon-thanh-dam-dam-1.jpg
    cach-nau-bun-bo-hue-chay-thom-ngon-thanh-dam-dam-1.jpg
    304.7 KB · Views: 0